Sculpture / Mould Making Course
Learn clay sculpture techniques and/or mould-making processes. Work on your own project at your own pace. Learn clay techniques in hand building, slab building and clay modelling. Students may choose to create one off pieces for kiln firing or to create multiples through mould making processes. Moulds can be made of clay, latex or silicon, with plaster mother moulds, depending on the desired casting material.
If you want to learn about Sculpture in Sydney, then this course is for you.
- Drawing Essentials
- See Materials List below
- Body Casting
- Clay Sculpture
- Figure Sculpting
- Life Sculpting With a Model
- Painting Essentials
- Drawing Extension
- Creative Drawing
- Life Drawing
- Fascinating Faces – Portrait Drawing
During this course the intention is that the following topics will be covered, but not necessarily in the order given. Due to the variable nature of Adult Education classes, parts of the curriculum may be adapted to suit the needs of the class.
- Learn about the materials used in Mould Making
- Learn and practise with construction techniques
- Make plaster moulds and casting
- Design and create your own sculptures
The intended Learning Outcomes for this course are as follows.
By the end of the course the student will have:
- Gained a better understanding of the relationship between subject matter, the dynamics of form and the choice of materials
- Learned how to model and construct in clay
- Learned how to make a mould out of plaster, silicone or latex
- Learned how to cast into the mould
- Established personal preferences for subject matter
- One slab of hand building clay (tutor suggests Keanes White Raku, available from Kerrie Lowe Gallery, 49-51 King Street, Newtown, Tues-Sat ph. 9550 4433)
- Two large garbage bags
- Any clay working tools you may have
- Any ideas you have for a sculpture and pencil and paper
Rest of materials discussed on the first day. Extra materials may cost between $20 - $100 depending on your chosen project.
Students are eligible for a 10% discount at Tillys Art Supplies, Darling St, Rozelle. Newtown Art Supplies, King St, Newtown (just show copy of course enrolment confirmation).
Please wear closed in shoes and old clothes
PLS NOTE: All classes need a minimum number of students to go ahead. If your course does not have enough students it will be cancelled and you will be informed. Courses are usually cancelled, when necessary, 2 working days prior to the scheduled start date.***Please be aware that you may be informed of a cancellation &/or change via SMS or E-mail.