Sculpture - Mould Making
Learn clay sculpture techniques and mould-making processes and create your own masterpieces. Work on your own project at your own pace. Learn clay techniques in hand building, slab building and clay modelling.
Students may choose to create one-off pieces for kiln firing or to create multiples through mould making processes. Moulds can be made of clay, latex or silicon, with plaster mother moulds, depending on the desired casting material.
- Experienced students
During this course the intention is that the following topics will be covered, but not necessarily in the order given. Due to the variable nature of Adult Education classes, parts of the curriculum may be adapted to suit the needs of the class.
- Learn about the materials used in Mould Making
- Learn and practise with construction techniques
- Make plaster moulds and casting
- Design and create your own sculptures
By the end of the course the student will have:
- Gained a better understanding of the relationship between subject matter, the dynamics of form and the choice of materials
- Learned how to model and construct in clay
- Learned how to make a mould out of plaster, silicone or latex
- Learned how to cast into the mould
- One slab of hand building clay
- Clay working tools
- Two large garbage bags to cover your work
- Any clay working tools you may have
- Any ideas you have for a sculpture and pencil and paper
The rest of the materials will be discussed on the first day. Extra materials may cost between $20 - $100 depending on your chosen project.
- Closed-in shoes required
- Please wear old clothes
- Long hair must be tied back
Students are eligible for a 10% discount at:
- Tillys Art Supplies, 661 Darling St, Rozelle ph. 9810 8309
- Newtown Art Supplies, 15 Wilson St, Newtown ph. 9516 2339
Avoid disappointment. Enrol early.
Please ensure that you have given a valid email and mobile number as all course changes will be communicated via sms or email.