Are you currently freelance, or thinking of taking the step? This course covers the basics of managing a freelance business, including setting up, managing money and taxes, law and marketing. If you are interested in creative business, working as a contractor or looking for an alternative to the 9 to 5, this course is for you. Be your own boss!
If you want to learn how to start your own Freelance Business in Sydney, then this course is for you.
During this course the intention is that the following topics will be covered, but not necessarily in the order given. Due to the variable nature of Adult Education classes, parts of the curriculum may be adapted to suit the needs of the class.
Morning – Freelance Business:
- Setting up
- Goal setting
- Business plans
- Business name
- Time Management
Afternoon – Freelance Money:
- Cash flow
- Setting rates
- Getting paid
Morning – Quarterly Taxes:
- Pay As You Go (PAYG) instalments
- PAYG withholding
- Completing the Business Activity Statement (BAS)
Afternoon – Annual Taxes:
- Business vs. Hobby
- Personal Services Income
- Deductions in Full
- Creative Tax Concessions
Morning – Freelance Law:
- Assigning and licensing rights
Afternoon – Freelance Marketing:
- Market research
- Marketing plans
- Client profiling
- Business cards
- Word of mouth
The intended Learning Outcomes for this course are as follows.
- Start a freelance business correctly and with confidence
- Handle the business and financial responsibilities associated with running a freelance business, including taxes
- Understand their legal rights and responsibilities with regards to copyright and contracts
- Understand and apply marketing ideas and principles to their freelance business
Student comments about the course
'Best tutor I’ve ever had.'
Please bring a notebook and pen.
Ask your tutor about her new book – Freelancing for Australians for Dummies.
PLS NOTE: All classes need a minimum number of students to go ahead. If your course does not have enough students it will be cancelled and you will be informed. Courses are usually cancelled, when necessary, 2 working days prior to the scheduled start date.***Please be aware that you may be informed of a cancellation &/or change via SMS or E-mail.